Tuesday 18 June 2013

Still Standing and Looking Forward

Well, it has been over a year since I last blogged on this account.

It has been a long year and so much has happened.

Everyone knows that I am a huge fan of our NHS and I know that if it were not for the NHS, I would not still be here today.  It is only because of the dedication of those Doctors and Nurses who fought for me and with me, that I am still around to give my children and husband earache!

I have a lot of non-posted pieces from the past year.  Things that I could not bring myself to post, but hopefully over the next few weeks, I will bring you all up to date with what has happened.

That said, I am (fingers crossed) ok.  Not fully recovered, but then, I'm not sure I ever will be now, whatever the cancer does.  The mental scars of having this disease, thinking I had beaten it, and having it return, are more than I think I can ever get over. 

I am having regular scans, my last one was in January and the next one is scheduled for September. I am finally losing the weight I gained during treatment - 4.5 stones gone now and at least another three to go, but it's shifting, which is great news.

What I do know, is that without the amazing support I have received from my husband and children - they really do rock my world, they ARE my world - my family, near and far; from friends, whether close, casual or just acquaintances and people who I only know, (or barely know) online, I simply would not have gotten this far.

So, to all of you, Thank you. You ALL make it possible for me to say I'm looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment